The Lely Roterra Dual Combination Power Harrow is a new design with a heavy modular 3-point hitch and reinforced roller arms. There is a large distance between the bearings in the trough, which means the bearings are subject to less forces, resulting in extra stability. This extends the lifespan of the bearings and large forces can easily be absorbed.
Tines are hardened in 5 zones for extra toughness and extended lifespan. In the top region the tines are very tough while, with a transition from the middle, the tines get harder and more wear-resistant. This makes the Tulip club tine extra durable and at the same time tough enough to handle the most extreme conditions. It has the widest range of gear sets available on the market. An optimal rotor speed can be set in all soil conditions. It is always possible to work with the most efficient engine speed of the tractor.
There are 4 rotors per metre for a low power requirement and thus fuel saving. Adjacent rotors overlap each other. It has reinforced roller arms with 20 mm pins and floating system with many settings. The new design heavy modular 3-point hitch has a compact build and linkage. Many ways to mount are provided. Optional: the hydraulic linkage provides the ability for a compact mounting of Roterra and seed drill that makes driving on the road safer.
A spring-loaded rotor guard ensures that stones that come in front of the machine are pushed down and so the rotors are protected. If a stone would end up between rotors and the rotor guard, it can pivot forwards to let the stone pass through the machine.
The Walterscheid PTO shaft with cam-type-cut-out clutch or optional Tulipmatic shearpin automat. The advantage of the Tulipmatic is that time after time, after overload the connection is broken at the exact specified moment. This reduces the chance of damage as a result of overloading the machine.
The side deflectors are adjustable so that a perfect connection with the previous working pass is obtained. They are also foldable for road transport. This way a Roterra 300 stays 300cm during road transport.
The dragging club tines have a special round shape. The shape avoids smearing of the soil, and clods are broken up without the natural layers of the soil structure being affected. Furthermore the dragging position keeps the lower layers of soil where they are, and stones are pushed downwards rather than upwards. Due to the round shape of the tine, fuel is saved because not once the tine will have a flat surface facing the driving direction. This makes the Roterra pull much lighter.
• The Dual-Plus system makes it possible to harrow, to build ridges and to plant potatoes in one working pass.
Special benefits of the “one working pass” planting system
• Planting into uncompacted soil
• Shallower soil cultivation
• Higher build-up of ridges
• More even crop development through more effective moisture conservation
• Saving of labour and tractor power
• Straight driving characteristics (no side movement)
• Excellent distribution of weight
• During harvesting, fewer clods in the ridges, an increased harvesting output with less damage and a cleaner product will be noticed.
Explanation of parts
• Dual headstock: permits assembly of a Roterra power harrow or Multiterra harrow in the front
linkage of the tractor allowing the attachment of a seed drill or planting machine to the rear linkage of the tractor. This configuration ensures an optimum distribution of weight.
• Front roller: to create a proper floating system for the Roterra or Multiterra. With this combination the harrow follows the soil independently from the tractor.
• Dual-Plus system: comprises a chassis beam including ridge builders and a special tyre assembly for depth control. The loose, crumbled soil is shaped into ridges. The tractor drives on the firm soil in the “trenches” and the planting machine places the seed potatoes in the preformed ridges of 75 cm. Possible in combination with Roterra 302 and Multiterra 300/400.
Points of interest
• A front roller is only possible in combination with a Dual headstock
• A Dual-Plus system in the front linkage is only possible in combination with a Dual headstock.
• Using a Dual headstock, it is advised to replace the standard through shaft 21-6 splines of the Roterra or Multiterra by a through shaft 21-21 splines. It makes a separate PTO shaft to drive the machine in the front linkage redundant.
• The standard crumbler roller will not be delivered when a Roterra or Multiterra is ordered in combination with a Dual-Plus system. Please consult the corresponding page of the Roterra or Multiterra in this price list for the deduction for non-delivery of the roller.
• A levelling board is impossible in combination with the Dual-Plus system
• The machine in the front linkage can only be driven at 1000 rpm. Please take this into account when choosing the set of gears and the shearpin automat Tulipmatic.