The unique property of the Lely Centerliner is that each of the 2 spinner discs – with 4 spoons each – covers the whole spreading width. The spreading patterns overlap each other as a result.
On most twin-disc spreaders, the spinner discs rotate from centre to outside (seen from the rear). Each disc produces a half spreading pattern. These two patterns are then laid against each other in the middle behind the tractor. Only a very accurate dose rate setting, that has to be repeated when switching to another type of fertiliser, can prevent stripes behind the middle of the tractor due to a wrong overlap. The Centerliner does not have this problem, because the 2 spreading patterns overlap each other completely over the entire spreading width. This is in fact a full, double overlap!
With most twin-disc spreaders the spreading pattern slopes steeply towards the sides. The adjoining working bout has to link up with previous bout, which means that even minor driving faults will easily lead to stripes in the crops. The Centerliner spreads up to the previous tramline, which means this problem doesn’t apply. That’s why a driving error of 1 meter or more is a lot less critical and doesn’t disturb the combined spreading pattern. So not only does the Centerliner provide a double overlap per working pass, but it does the same with each consecutive bout. Therefore we can easily state that the TULIP Centerliner provides 2x a double overlap.
Spoons and bowls:
The special shape of the spoons is the result of many tests. The suction power of the spoons together with the forced dose result in a constant and even supply of fertilizer. The spoons of the left spinner disc are positioned at a 45° angle compared to the spoons of the right disc. This results in no collisions between fertiliser coming from different discs. The result is an even and synchronised dose. The bowls are very close to the spinner discs for an accurate spreading pattern even on slopes. The drop point is in the centre so the fertiliser gently accelerates along the vanes instead of getting smashed by it.
The dose rate may vary under the influence of pellet size and humidity. To ensure an accurate dose rate, the calibration bowl can be used to quickly check flow rates prior to spreading.
Quadruple spreading pattern:
The quadruple spreading pattern leads to a very low variation coefficient. In practice stripes are detected very rarely. Every square meter in the field receives 16 small doses of fertiliser. As a result the machine is very forgiving for user errors. This makes setting up the machine easier for you.
- EASYtronic electronic measuring and control system by means of connector cable
- Integrated weighing device
- Hydraulic tilt ram for headland spreading
- 1 Set of change gears 23/12
- Hardened and wear resistant powder coated spoons
- Stainless steel spreader bowls and spinner discs
- 2 Mesh wire sieves
- Material grading kit for use in combination with the output chart
- Safety and lighting set LED
- Up from SXi 3000: sight windows in hopper extensions
- Large stainless steel tractor protection sheets
- Walterscheid Telespace PTO shaft with slip clutch (1 3/8” – 6 splines tractor side)
- EASYtronic: this compact terminal with touch screen and color display is linked via CANbus with the
job computer on the machine. In addition to the EASYtronic E specifications, this combination regulates
automatically the dosage, tramlines, etc. These values are shown on the screen. Optional is the EASYtronic+
where everything operates via Isobus.
- Connector cable: uses the pulse signal of the tractor’s forward speed sensor.
- Integrated weighing device which records the weight decrease of the fertilizer throughout the spreading operation and determines the output rate. It is coupled to an electronic control system for shutter positions: even if the forward speed (among other factors) varies, the output per acre remains consistent with the operator’s requirements.
- Calibration test not needed.
- Pre-set output rate per hectare remains accurate.
- Telespace PTO shaft: special telescoping PTO shaft which can be extended by 30 cm before attaching to the
tractor. This gives a free access, so other connections can be made.
Further explanation accessories
- EASYtronic LH5000 variable rate control unlock code + adapter (does not apply to EASYtronic E and +)
using this option means that the EASYtronic computer can be connected with a GPS computer that controls the dose rate in a site-specific way. Dosage is determined by the values on the GPS map.
- EASYtronic+ ISOBUS exclusive CCI 200 display: applicable if the tractor is equipped with an integrated ISOBUS display or an ISOBUS display from another manufacturer.
- EASYtronic+ ISOBUS inclusive CCI 200 display: full set to equip your tractor with a Tulip CCI200 ISOBUS display. Please contact us for more information about the CCI applications.
- Wheel sensor kit: allows the speed signal and hitch position to be measured on a tractor that is not equipped with a 7 pin ISO plug.
- GPS speed measuring sensor: measures speed and hitch position.
Points of interest
- The maximum spreading width depends on various factors.
- For variable rate control on the basis of a yield map, please contact us to check the compatibility with your
brand of GPS monitor.